||The Royal City Saxophone Quartet
Ticklin' Time...from Joplin to Gershwin
The CD and Cassette feature the following selections:
(click the song title to hear a sample in MP3 format)
- Smiles and Chuckles (1906) by F. Henri Klickmann and Lester Brockton, arranged by Harry R. Gee.
- Ragtime Dance (1906) by Scott Joplin, arranged by
Terrence J. Thompson.
- Weeping Willow (1903), a Ragtime two-step by Scott
Joplin, arranged by T. J. Thompson.
- Solace (1909), A Mexican Serenade by Scott Joplin,
arranged by Robert C. Jones.
- Ragtime Nightingale (1915) by Joseph Lamb,
arranged by R. C. Jones.
- Dill Pickles (1906) by Chas. L. Johnson, arranged
by Jerry K. Elliott.
- St. Louis Blues (1914) by W. C. Handy, arranged by
- Love Is Here To Stay (1938) by George Gershwin,
arranged by Bill Holcombe.
- Summertime (1935) by George Gershwin, arranged by Art
- Prelude I (1927) by George Gershwin, arranged by
- Prelude II (1927) by George Gershwin, arranged by
- Prelude III (1927) by George Gershwin, arranged by
- Gershwin Medley, arranged by Lawrence Sereda.
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (1933) by Jerome Kern,
arranged by Al Cobine.
- Ain't Misbehavin' (1929) by Fats Waller, Harry
Brooks, & Andy Razaf, arranged by Lennie Niehaus.
- Saxema (1920) by Rudy Wiedoeft, arranged by Ted
- Valse Llewellyn (1917) by Rudy Wiedoeft arranged by
- Saxophobia (1918) by Rudy Wiedoeft arranged by
|Ernie Kalwa - Baritone
Bradley Moggach - Soprano*, Alto
Tim Moher - Soprano**, Alto
Peter Wendell - Tenor
*Soprano on tracks 4-6, 10-12, 16-18.
** Soprano on tracks 1-3, 7-9, 13-14.
|Recorded at Escarpment Sound
Acton, Ontario, Canada
July 10, 1999
Printed in Canada
|Produced by Ernie Kalwa
Engineered by Brian Hewson
Directed by Tim Moher
Teaser note by Bradley Moggach
Liner notes by Ernie Kalwa
Photos by Peter Wendell
Back to RCSQ Homepage